Kuwait says Iranian attack hits power plant, causes fire
Kuwait's Electricity, Water and Renewable Energy Ministry said a power and water desalination plant came under a new Iranian attack on Sunday, triggering a fire.
This marks the second such attack targeting Kuwait's power facilities from Iran, the ministry said in a statement carried by the state-run news agency KUNA.
The attack affected "a large number of generating units," the ministry said, noting that emergency plans had been activated and authorities responded immediately to contain its impact.
A similar Iranian attack was reported by Kuwaiti authorities on Saturday.
Tensions have escalated in the Middle East in recent days, where the US has launched attacks on Iran, and Tehran retaliated with strikes targeting facilities and bases it says are used by the US military in several regional countries.
The exchange of fire between Washington and Tehran comes despite a Pakistan-brokered memorandum of understanding signed in June to end their war and reach a lasting peace agreement.
Most Read News
-
Libya’s National Oil Corporation warns of force majeure
-
Temporary protection in EU covers 4.4M people fleeing
-
Syrian court sentences Assad’s brother, 7 former
-
At least 132 killed after magnitude 7.4 earthquake
-
Trump left Türkiye on secret flight amid Iranian threat
-
Germany urges Iran to engage in talks, reopen
-
Thai premier suspends new firearm carry permits after
-
Philippines’ Marcos proposes $117B budget for 2027 to








